List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac] factoids
From:       Jan de Leeuw <deleeuw () stat ! ucla ! edu>
Date:       2009-09-18 8:34:51

R-devel with recommended packages compiles (at breakneck speed)
with the new clang front-end that comes with XCode 3.2 in
SnowLeopard.

Executables run at the same speed as those made with Apple's gcc-4.2
and GNU's gcc-4.5 (they are binary compatible) but in clang the C++
support is minimal and OpenMP is missing (of course GCD is available).

It also compiles with the new llvm-gcc, which does support
C++ and OpenMP.

I get a segmentation error with -O4, which turns on link-time
optimization.