List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] zen-coding
From:       "sunil" <thought () orcon ! net ! nz>
Date:       2009-10-06 23:59:38

> Has anyone seen this:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/
>
> Zen-coding is a plugin set for  high-speed coding. It is available for
> aptana, netbeans and other IDE's.
>
> It is awesome. Here is a demo:
> http://pepelsbey.net/pro/2008/08/zen-html/
>
> There is good writeup about it here.
> http://mondaybynoon.com/2009/08/17/the-art-of-zen-coding-bringing-snippets-to-a-new-level/
>
> This functionality could be very useful.
> Can this be implemented within quanta ?

Bump.

I really think that it is worth bringing this to the attention of the
quanta developers.
At the moment I'm using the eclipse implementation of zen coding. It
massively speeds up coding HTML and CSS.

Nutshell:
This feature lets you type in a shorthand for your code.
Then, hitting a key combination will expand the shorthand.
The shorthand syntax for both is defined on the zen-coding site:
http://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/

I am going to submit a wish for this in kde's bugzilla.
But I'm excited enough about zen coding to attempt to bring the attention
of the  quanta developer community to it.

Cheers.