List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Questions about Quanta+ development
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-25 5:58:12

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 03:25, Saulo Soares de
Toledo<saulotoledo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again :)
>
> It's good see Quanta development working.I want to congratulate the
> developers that have participated in this brilliant service!
>
> Anyway, I have some to talk about  Actual Quanta+ stage. Please, read these
> considerations carefully, I hope they help in something.
>

> I will start with the more simple and maybe useless for now. The File Menu
> could be have
>     - Save to Remove Server (Open an FTP lib to save remotely, could be
> implemented in future)
>
> The Edit Menu:
>     - Select Parent Tag
>     - Select Child
>     - Insert Special Character (maybe here isn't the best place... but the
> option can be useful)
>
> The View Menu:
>     - Hide All Panels / Show All Panels
>     - Zoom In/Zoom Out (see the comment below)
>     - Code view / Preview View / Code and preview view (see the comment
> below)
>
> Here I start my questions about graphic mode on Quanta. How web development
> application, have an integrated preview window it's useful. Open the browser
> all the times I change some code to preview it's annoying (not so much while
> coding in PHP, JSP etc, but editing HTML code...). I think Quanta could have
> a flap only to preview the resulf of the code using gecko (isn't it used in
> Konqueror too?). Gecko already have zoom in/out utility (Control + mouse
> whell) and could appear here on Quanta only to preview the results. And when
> we have developers to graphical edit we could think in try this too... It's
> difficult put Gecko how a "Tool View" to preview the files for this release?
Adding such a preview view would be pretty easy (however we would use
KHTML or QtWebKit).
The problem I see is how to get the correct url to display?
But actually I'd prefer an external browser for a preview for the
following reasons:
- I have a dualhead setup
- I *need* firebug
However refreshing this external browser with one keypress would be cool.

> I am pleased to see the IDE, but with one thing I am disappointed: Where are
> the web authoring tools? The table insert windows, the HTML DTD change
> utility, the link manager... well, where is all web code?
Come on - no one said Quanta is finished!

> I have a lot of other considerations to do, and ideas to share, but I think
> for now It's enough. For now, I want remove these doubts to try help in
> something more. :-)
Our main problem currently is the lack of developers. If you have only ideas how
something could be improved you have to find someone to implement them...

Niko