List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Questions about Quanta+ development
From:       Saulo Soares de Toledo <saulotoledo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-25 1:25:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello again :)

It's good see Quanta development working.I want to congratulate the
developers that have participated in this brilliant service!

Anyway, I have some to talk about  Actual Quanta+ stage. Please, read these
considerations carefully, I hope they help in something.

I will start with the more simple and maybe useless for now. The File Menu
could be have
    - Save to Remove Server (Open an FTP lib to save remotely, could be
implemented in future)

The Edit Menu:
    - Select Parent Tag
    - Select Child
    - Insert Special Character (maybe here isn't the best place... but the
option can be useful)

The View Menu:
    - Hide All Panels / Show All Panels
    - Zoom In/Zoom Out (see the comment below)
    - Code view / Preview View / Code and preview view (see the comment
below)

Here I start my questions about graphic mode on Quanta. How web development
application, have an integrated preview window it's useful. Open the browser
all the times I change some code to preview it's annoying (not so much while
coding in PHP, JSP etc, but editing HTML code...). I think Quanta could have
a flap only to preview the resulf of the code using gecko (isn't it used in
Konqueror too?). Gecko already have zoom in/out utility (Control + mouse
whell) and could appear here on Quanta only to preview the results. And when
we have developers to graphical edit we could think in try this too... It's
difficult put Gecko how a "Tool View" to preview the files for this release?

I am pleased to see the IDE, but with one thing I am disappointed: Where are
the web authoring tools? The table insert windows, the HTML DTD change
utility, the link manager... well, where is all web code?

I agree all this need be rewrited. some things were slightly polluted on old
Quanta, and the dialogs could be better and practical, but I don't saw
nothing on Quanta menus in this idea... I think Quanta is a web authoring
tool, and not only more one IDE to some language, and it's because this I
miss these things... :-(

Ah! And more! We have a lot of AJAX libraries who could be used to create a
"Behavior Tool View" in Quanta! This libraries are free software and his use
is great! And we have code to draw a behavior tool here.

I have a lot of other considerations to do, and ideas to share, but I think
for now It's enough. For now, I want remove these doubts to try help in
something more. :-)

Next, I want talk about toolbars and icons.

Thanks for attention, I await your responses.

Saulo Soares