List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Questions about Quanta+ development
From:       Saulo Soares de Toledo <saulotoledo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-21 0:30:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> (...)
>
> We have numbers, we have people who needs this, we have multiplatform
> Sure - there would be users for visual html editing. Quanta3 even had it.
> If we
> find developers implementing that - great!

Ok... What you think about call some Kompose developers to here. I know
there are a good difference between GTK+2 and QT, but could be the first
way, if interest them.

> I just said *I* won't work on that, others are free to do so of course.
> Good
> visual editing that creates good HTML/CSS is very difficult, if not
> impossible.
> (but that depends on how you define "good" code).

If we get some developers for this I can talk here about the quality of the
generated code. I know there are some things difficult, but the generated
code don't need be exactily 100%, but be as good as some proprietary
solutions.

> Imho visual editing
> should happen in an CMS.

I agree with you. Even the CSS code is generated in a template and hand by
hand, without help of an IDE. But there are times when we need create HTML
files for other uses beyond websites (or even for them too). And this
generated files aren't to CMS... It's with this files (usually containing
tables, their code isn't good to work on CMS directily and isn't all times
we create them with CSS in a better way...) we get the worse and slow work
where the lack of an IDE is bad...

How this work is common and almost impossible to do in time without an IDE,
we are required to buy proprietary software... :-(

About yout PHP development: I am impatient to test your work, is really
desired where I work for many developers! We will test it and put here a lot
of information when the first Quanta release is done!

Thanks for your attention here.

Saulo