List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Questions about Quanta+ development
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-16 5:47:12

Hi,

yes, we need help! welcome :D

Quanta4 will be built on a common platform with KDevelop4 call
KDevPlatform. Basically
Quanta4 should be more or less KDevelop4 with a different
splash-screen and a different
set of default plugins.
Recently Quanta4 development stalled; but not so for KDevPlatform/KDevelop.
What works already pretty good is KDevelop + Php, more info here:
http://milianw.de/blog/building-kdevplatform-kdevelop-and-the-php-plugin-from-svn

> - Quanta+ will be part of KDE4 main development or continue as independent
> project?
we will see. Once there is something that can be released we think about that :D

> - How can I acess CVS code (KDE4 version)?
you find in the kde svn:
trunk/KDE/kdevplatform
trunk/KDE/kdevelop
trunk/KDE/kdewebdev/quanta (don't know if it's working atm)
trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/php

> - There are ideas about when first version for KDE4 will be released?
when it's ready :D

> - How many people working with his code today?
Milian and me are working on php langauge support.
Additionally I'm working on a xdebug plugin.
+ all the people contributing to kdevplatform

> - How can I acess the GUI design and usability discussions about Quanta+?
Perhaps Eric Laffoon (kdewebdev project leader) has something...
And you can start discussing here :D

> - What the news at new version project?
?

Niko