List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Questions about Quanta+ development
From:       Saulo Soares de Toledo <saulotoledo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-16 0:22:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I'm new at this list and I'm trying find some responses about this
development.

I work with Web development. In so many ways I need use proprietary software
because there are no free alternatives to some things.
Quanta+ has a lot of items who made me stop using some proprietary tools,
but not in all cases...

Some time ago, I migrated my Desktop from Gnome/KDE3 to KDE4 because a lot
of things how, for example, improvements in SMB protocol support, in
usability (some very little things makes me really win a lot of time at work
and home in my works!) and so on. But something is missing in this all:
Quanta+.

Ok ok, I can put Quanta+ from KDE3 to work here, but I got some library
conflicts in some distributions and machines, and other problems. And see
how many versions of some proprietary softwares already released since last
version of Quanta+? Well, Quanta+ for KDE3 is going deprecated too... little
by little...

In recent days I'm was thinking about this development, and was thinking I
can help in some things with Quanta+, maybe usability, maybe extensions,
maybe options. But I don't know nothing about Quanta+ development, and see
how I can put some time to help too, and if I can really help. Then, I have
some questions about:

- Quanta+ will be part of KDE4 main development or continue as independent
project?
- How can I acess CVS code (KDE4 version)?
- There are ideas about when first version for KDE4 will be released?
- How many people working with his code today?
- How can I acess the GUI design and usability discussions about Quanta+?
- What the news at new version project?

I work with proprietary tools too, and I know what more I need I don't find
on my open system. I hope hear good news here, and help a little too. :-)

Thanks for all, and waiting your responses.

Saulo Soares