List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Is Quanta4 usable ?
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-23 12:06:42

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Romain Lalaut
<romain.lalaut@laposte.net> wrote:
> I use "Quanta+" since a long time. But since "kde4" is out, there is a major
> issue with ubuntu (at least) : the "kio" protocols don't work any more (see
> "https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdewebdev/+bug/271074" )
> The only workaround is to use sshfs but it's really slow...
>
> So my question is : is quanta4 usable even with only the basic features ?
Quanta4 is not ready. However if you develop mainly Php you can use KDevelop:
http://milianw.de/blog/building-kdevplatform-kdevelop-and-the-php-plugin-from-svn

Php Support for KDevelop is the same that will be used for Quanta. (As both will
use kdevplatform)

Niko