List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Getting Quanta4 up
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-22 12:27:23

> Some questions
> 1) Projects doesn't seem to see my current quanta projects. What's the deal
> with that?
There is no support for loading the old quanta projects. You have to
use the Generic Project Manager
that just shows all files. Don't know if upgrading help would be
needed. (IMHO not
necessarily)

> 2) Are we set up to take advantage of the new Qt docks like Dolphin has. I
> really love that system.
We use Sublime - not the QDockWidget. It is not as beautiful, but has a few
needed features (as maximize a dock). If you are missing something it should
be implemented in Sublime.

> 3) files load blindingly fast. Is the new parser being used? How can I
> validate that? I don't see auto complete working.
For Php you need the plugin from playground. The other parser I don't know.

> 4) Can anyone give me any status on the the present state of  porting existing
> features and any ideas about the challenges and opportunities for KDE4?
Two developers are working on Php Support. It already is way better
than in Quanta3.
See http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Quanta/Feature_Plan_4

On Quanta itself nothing happend since the KDevelop hackathon.

I will continue working on Php - probably including a Debugger.

We are using kdevelop-devel (as the DUChain-Experts sit there) - you
might want to read that too.

Niko