List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] ubuntu pthread problem
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-06-23 9:31:45

On Saturday 21 June 2008 15:40:40 Keith Isdale wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Thursday 19 June 2008 8:20 pm, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> > I am running kubuntu 8.04 with the 4.1 beta packages from ppa and have
> > had some problems compiling both kdevplatform and kdewebdev.
> >
> > I have discussed on the kdevelop list the problems and they seem to be
> > releated to pthread not being linked directly.  Andreas Pukulat suggested
> > adding pthread to the target_link_libraries and this fixed my problems
> > with kdevplatforms teamwork plugin.  Adding it to kxsldbgpart and quantas
> > kxsldbg plugin has fixed those issues with kdewebdev too....
> >
> > attaching patch so you can see the difference.
> >
> > further information is on the kdevelop list... but I can forward here if
> > you need.
>
> Whilst submitting this patch is a trivial task, it feels wrong that is it
> required. Without this change applied I would like to see the results
> running in the kxsldbgpart build directory:
> 	VERBOSE=1 make
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Keith
> Author of the kxsldbg related components.

I do understand that the patch does not seem correct and did not expect it to
be committed, it was more to add data to my original post.  I would like to
know if the problem is ubuntu related (that could cause others problems), or
something on my system, or related to versions of libraries or something.

I ran the build with this command line in the kxsldbgpart build directory:
VERBOSE=1 make 1> build.1.txt 2> build.2.txt
and have attached build1.txt and build.2.txt for you....

I hope this provides some insight, and hopefully it is just something strange
on my particular system...

If you need anything more, I am happy to help...

Andrew Lowe
andrew.lowe@manildra.com.au

["build.2.txt.zip" (application/zip)]
["build.1.txt.zip" (application/zip)]