List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] ubuntu pthread problem
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-06-22 23:42:52

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:40:40 Keith Isdale wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Thursday 19 June 2008 8:20 pm, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> > I am running kubuntu 8.04 with the 4.1 beta packages from ppa and have
> > had some problems compiling both kdevplatform and kdewebdev.
> >
> > I have discussed on the kdevelop list the problems and they seem to be
> > releated to pthread not being linked directly.  Andreas Pukulat suggested
> > adding pthread to the target_link_libraries and this fixed my problems
> > with kdevplatforms teamwork plugin.  Adding it to kxsldbgpart and quantas
> > kxsldbg plugin has fixed those issues with kdewebdev too....
> >
> > attaching patch so you can see the difference.
> >
> > further information is on the kdevelop list... but I can forward here if
> > you need.
>
> Whilst submitting this patch is a trivial task, it feels wrong that is it
> required. Without this change applied I would like to see the results
> running in the kxsldbgpart build directory:
> 	VERBOSE=1 make
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Keith
> Author of the kxsldbg related components.

Keith,
I have been unable to look at it for the last few days, but am committed to
trying this for you.  I suspect that it may be something not quite right with
my install, but it could be something broken with the latest ubuntu too...

As I mentioned, I had the same problems building the teamwork plugin for
kdevplatform, and tried removing a whole bunch of unwanted libraries and
header file packages (64bit, ppc, and other platforms I do not run).

I hope to look at this tonight as I am at work, but may find time to run the
build remotely over my vpn today.

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer