List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Extending Quanta
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2007-06-13 20:32:26

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007 schrieb Roland Knall:
> Hi Milian
>
> > First extension: I have a local project and copy the files after changes
> > via F8 and ftp to the server (Upload Project...). But since Quanta only
> > has some internal heuristics to check wether a file was changed or not I
> > want to write a little script which (after pressing a button or even
> > better after opening a project) syncs new files from the server to my
> > local copy. This would prevent me from overwriting changes made by other
> > people to the files on the server.
>
> I am already working on the upload synchronisation for the Google
> Summer of Code project. But this will be integrated into a KDE4
> version.
>
> The best way to get started is by developing for the new structure,
> because there will be major changes between the current version and
> KDE4, most visible in the changeof Quanta using Kdevelop as base.
>
> So the best way to start your second project would be to learn more
> about the new plugin structure for Kdev4, http://tehbase.kde.org or
> http://www.kdevelop.org are the places to start there.

Yes, I now it would be best if I could use the upcoming KDE 4 structure but I
cant wait that long ;-) I pretty much want that feature like yesterday thus a
simple script interface would be all I need.
A quick and dirty version now and a throughout designed and tested one for
KDE4. That would be great.

And for the other Extension I had in mind: There are two existing scripts
which seem to do what I want but I cant get them to work. I just installed
the PHP_Beautifier from PEAR and it is great! I'll have to contact the script
developer.

--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de