List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta 4 Compiling
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-03-28 10:25:53

Andras Mantia wrote:

>On Wednesday 28 March 2007, Andrew Lowe wrote:
>

>>Andras,
>>I noticed on the KDevelop list you are looking for a mainwindow
>>pointer.
>>

>Yes, I started to update Quanta 4 to the current KDevelop tree. But as
>usual, it turned out (when I committed my changes), that the KDE
>libraries changed meantime (binary incompatible changes are committed
>on Monday), which required a complete rebuild of my KDE4, which turned
>to take too much time, because I had problem with the new qt-copy, and
>so on. All in all, I'm at kdebase right now, and hopefully there won't
>be further problems.

I just realised that too.... currently re-building my KDE4 as well - I
found KDevelop would not rebuild, then rebuild everything EXCEPT QT, and
well that did not work - so am starting again - should be done soon -
but it is a bit slow on my poor little laptop (pentium m 2GHz 512Mb and
laptop HDD - the killer seems to be RAM - I might put in for an upgrade
at work :-) )...
I have been planing on upgrading my desktop software WinXP->Kubuntu :-)
and this is about to trip me over the edge - but I might try an external
USB2 HDD... first

>>I was looking at getting Quanta 4 do compile to start work on the CSS
>>Editor -its hard to start if Quanta is not compiling... I really want
>>to use Quanta's functions for DTEP and CSS properties as much as
>>possible - there is no point in keeping two copies of CSS and HTML
>>Data, also I guess it future-proofs the CSS Editor.
>>

>I hope that today Quanta will compile, even if it will have runtime
>problems.

Cool...

>>I fixed a couple of things (Class name changes and header file names)
>>but the mainwindow pointer had me stuck - I was looking through the
>>KDevelop documentation to find where to get this from, but could not
>>find it and gave up last night - and was going to ask on the KDevelop
>>list.
>>

>Just curious, when do you need the mainwindow pointer?

I don't think I will - I was just trying to get Quanta to compile
changed some Koncrete::Core to KDevelop::ICore,
Koncrete::Plugin to KDevelop::IPugin, and header files, etc... but got
stuck at the mainwindow pointer problem...and spent a bit of time trying
to find a solution (where it is accessable from - but I worked out that
the UiController does not have it yet!...
So not needed for CSS Editor, but for Quanta to compile...

I have learned quite a bit from getting Quanta to compile, and I am sure
it will help... and it was a bit of fun, but I will see what you have
done to get it working to figure out if what I was doing is right...

I wanted to see if I could get Quanta compiling to make it easier to
work on the CSS Editor...

>>I take it you are implementing an UiController::activeMainWindow in
>>KDevelop? And this will be a replacement for
>>Koncrete::Core::mainWindow?
>>

>Yes. It will be accessible via
>KDevelop::Core::self()->uiController()->activeMainWindow().
>

>>Not that the CSS editor will use mainWindow at all - I am just
>>learning more about the code in Quanta in getting it to compile.
>>If I get it compiling I will let you know... but do not wait - I am
>>still rusty in C++ and learning KDE and Quanta's code.
>>

>I will drop a note when it works.
>
>Andras

Thanks.. and I will keep playing...

--