List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta 4 Compiling
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-03-28 7:39:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 28 March 2007, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Andras,
> I noticed on the KDevelop list you are looking for a mainwindow
> pointer.

Yes, I started to update Quanta 4 to the current KDevelop tree. But as
usual, it turned out (when I committed my changes), that the KDE
libraries changed meantime (binary incompatible changes are committed
on Monday), which required a complete rebuild of my KDE4, which turned
to take too much time, because I had problem with the new qt-copy, and
so on. All in all, I'm at kdebase right now, and hopefully there won't
be further problems.

> I was looking at getting Quanta 4 do compile to start work on the CSS
> Editor -its hard to start if Quanta is not compiling... I really want
> to use Quanta's functions for DTEP and CSS properties as much as
> possible - there is no point in keeping two copies of CSS and HTML
> Data, also I guess it future-proofs the CSS Editor.

I hope that today Quanta will compile, even if it will have runtime
problems.

> I fixed a couple of things (Class name changes and header file names)
> but the mainwindow pointer had me stuck - I was looking through the
> KDevelop documentation to find where to get this from, but could not
> find it and gave up last night - and was going to ask on the KDevelop
> list.

Just curious, when do you need the mainwindow pointer?

> I take it you are implementing an UiController::activeMainWindow in
> KDevelop? And this will be a replacement for
> Koncrete::Core::mainWindow?

Yes. It will be accessible via
KDevelop::Core::self()->uiController()->activeMainWindow().

> Not that the CSS editor will use mainWindow at all - I am just
> learning more about the code in Quanta in getting it to compile.
> If I get it compiling I will let you know... but do not wait - I am
> still rusty in C++ and learning KDE and Quanta's code.

I will drop a note when it works.

Andras