List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta KPart?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-24 10:27:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 23 February 2007, Rob Hasselbaum wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is Quanta available as a KPart? If not, are there any future plans to
> package it as such? I'm looking for a rich HTML editor that could be
> embedded in another app, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

No, and probably won't be anything like that... But Quanta4 will be
modular, basicly a set of plugins (KParts) based on the KDevelop
platform. This way you will be able to reuse them in another
application, but your application has to use the KDevelop platform as
well. This is somewhat similar to KOffice, where the parts are KParts,
but they also implement KOffice specific interfaces, so using them just
in any other application is not possible.

Andras