List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Class Variables - no attrAutoCompleteAfter patch
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-15 7:59:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 15 February 2007, Andrew Lowe wrote:
> Whoops... I found a mistake - I moved a statement inside an if that I
> should not have
> sorry, attached is the fixed diff

I'll review today. I just have a wish: please do not put the "Author"
lines everywhere. If the patch goes in and it has enough impact, it
will be mentioned in the beginning of the file. For small patches, we
usually mention it in two places:
- the commit log
- the changelog file

From the commit itself it will be clear what was your work.

And if you have a KDE account, than it is clear that you are the one who
committed. The reason for this is that if two many persons make small
fixes, the author list would be too big in the file. But of course, if
the author wants to be mentioned, it has to be done and this is why
there are other places to be mentioned as well.

For example I did lots of compilation or similar changes in KDE (even
bugfixes), but if they were big enough I didn't put my name in the
files I modified.

Andras