List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Toolbars
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-09-18 12:50:55

On Monday 18 September 2006 08:23, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 17 September 2006 23:13, Børge Holen wrote:
> > I've been pondering on this little problem, maby not pondering but
> > still. As a user available program, one should not have to be root to
> > modify the toolbars. As I've added actions to my own, Quanta will not
> > start with those toolbars till I load them locally.
>
> If you save under the same name in the same place locally, that should
> be loaded instead of the global one. I mean if you modify the Standard
> toolbar and save it to
> $KDEHOME/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/html/standard.toolbar.tgz, the
> modified version will be used next time you run Quanta.
>
> Try and see. Maybe it's not documented correctly (or at all), but it
> works.

I guess it should work, but for my point of view, and at this point of
writing... That is a fault. a user program should not never ever have to
change system wide settings. And I rather keep the system wide settings as
is, for other users to have, till they put their touch in the environment.

I just read the mail Eric sent to the list this morning...

	"Who's got the coolest web development tool in the world? "

	You do man!

To sort out the toolbar:

1. It's not possible to use the users
own .kde/share/apps/quanta/toolbars/html/standard.toolbar.tgz  name, you get
an error I don't recall right this minute, and neither the users of the
systemwide toolbar shows.
2. A user can decide to add project toolbars, witch is nice.
3. A user can/should NOT be able to change the system wide settings of the
standard toolbar.
4. Alas the user should be able to change the users own standard toolbars,
witch it cannot do, cuz of point 1.

--
---
Børge