List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] submissioon to Quanta + : i.under : some
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2006-08-18 17:57:27

On Friday 18 August 2006 9:40 am, bibi bibis wrote:
> repply to your pending message of 17st 08 2006:
>
> Dear Quanta-devel Friend,
>
> Will you be kind to advise us of any add-on or new
> issue of QUANTa +.
> wE ARE PRESENTLY USING TOGATHERED WITH mANDRIVA 2006
> WITH LINUX KERNEl    2.6.10 / 2.6.15 ...
> wE DISCOVER AND VOULD LIKE TO UNDERSTAND ONE set up
> PANEL comming from Quant + few after WHEN the operture
> of Mandriva
> We would like become able to manage, and it appear
> some indicated sources of this panel are not availble.
> - the best we can do to give you more détail wpoulb be
> to make a sceenpicture when it happen.
>
> Thank's indeed for what you would like tohelp us.
> Regards,
> bibi-mayumbe
>  <bibi_0012000@yahoo.fr>

Hi,
thanks for writing. Most distributions never approach us and as a result bad
things can happen. One was when Mandrake decided to take a CVS snapshot for a
"Community Edition" and it happend to be the one time that year we had
advised everyone not to update from CVS until we had finished a major rewrite
of the parser. As a result we got a lot of unhappy emails that Quanta crashed
and was very buggy. Obviously we'd very much like to avoid this, as well as
make sure you have every new advantage you want to package. Given the current
release cycles some new features may be ready but not in official releases.
In particular the kommander "work" branch in SVN has not only fixes but some
substantially nicer improvements like a much better text editor. We'd be very
happy if that were included with your kdewebdev packages.

As for your question, I don't understand it. I do know that if you move
resources around it's not too difficult to break things. The current
kdewebdev packages compile and work, so maybe you did something we don't know
about. If you want to send a screenshot and it's over 40K please send
To: amantia@kde.org
CC: sequitur@kde.org
and we will probably be able to tell you what the problem is.

BTW if you are breaking up the module and you are not including Kommander,
which we think is a sad exclusion, you will NEED to include the kmdr-executor
if you want certain dialogs and included scripts to work, like HTML Quick
Start. There are also 5 pages of Kommander scripts at http://kde-apps.org
which are generally under 40K-100K and will run on dowload without compiling
with this.

Let us know what you want and we will do everything we can to help you. If you
have longer lead times, as in weeks, we can even target special features in a
working branch for you as there is not a lot going on in KDE 3x now.

BTW I am the module lead.

Eric