List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Documentation for the sidebar
From:       Jörg_Walter <jwalt () garni ! ch>
Date:       2006-03-14 21:37:52

Hi!

I have created several new packages for the documentation sidebar:

XSLT
EXSLT
(X)HTML (quite different from the existing HTML package)
MySQL
CSS 2
Web Standards
W3C Standards

XSLT, (X)HTML and CSS are automatic conversions of the excellent references
from http://www.zvon.org. They feature completeness and direct links to the
relevant W3C standard sections. ZVON references are true references, however
- little to no explanation, usually only some excerpt from the relevant
standard.

MySQL is an automatic extract from the official MySQL (5.1) user manual
(Section 12: Functions and Section 13: Statements).

EXSLT is an automatic conversion of www.exslt.org.

"Web Standards" is an automatic conversion of a self-written XML/Web reference
card and link list, http://garni.ch/Docs/XML/ (soon available on the AxKit
Wiki again: http://axkit.org/wiki/view/AxKit/XMLReferenceCard but broken due
to spam at the moment)

"W3C Standards" is a collection of smaller W3C standards, too small to justify
an own top-level entry. Right now it includes only XInclude, but others to
come as I find need for them (xml:base, XPointer, xml-namespaces are examples
for future inclusion). It directly links to the official standard
document(s).

All except "Web Standards" have context help indices and allow direct access
to the relevant language elements (tags, functions, commands, whatever...)
and contain some way to be regenerated from official sources (XSLT stylesheet
or perl script). All content is licensed under one of the well-known free
documentation licenses.

Is there interest in these packages? What do I have to do to have them
downloadable via the built-in docs downloader? How can I update these
packages myself, if they are hosted on some server ("W3C Standards" is
continuously evolving, for example)?

Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

--
CU