List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] OT? how does the function reference work in katepart?
From:       "Brian G. Peterson" <brian () braverock ! com>
Date:       2006-05-31 20:30:11

This may be off-topic, and if it is, I apologize.

KDE's Katepart offers syntax highlighting using the syntax .xml files.

The PHP syntax XML file (for example) has a very extensive function
*list*, which highlights function names.

Quanta also has pop-up tooltips that show what the arguments to a PHP
function are. These don't show up in Kate, so I assume that they are
specific to Quanta. Where are these defined?

are these the:
/usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/quanta/dtep/*/*.tag
files?  It looks like these may be the source of the tooltips, but these
only seem to define return-types and PHP versions, not calling
parameters.

I'm asking because I need to develop this same kind of support for the R
statistical package.  Getting the list of R functions is easy, but I
don't see how the function parameter reference works at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

  - Brian