List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] compile breaks
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-24 19:53:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 24 April 2006 19:29, Jens Herden wrote:
> > > Do I need kdelibs from trunk?
> >
> > No, we should change the ui3 file to the new version. ;-) I fixed
> > this loccaly, by chaning the generated file to include
> > kicondialog.h instead of kiconbutton.h. I have no idea why uic3
> > includes kiconbutton.h.
>
> I see.
> What needs to be done for the conversion?

With the new format the generated forms are not QWidget derivate
classes. So we must subclass it to create a dialog or widget. Luckily
in most cases we already do. There are many ways described how to do
it, but for me the easiest and the one who keeps the behavioral
compatibility to the old way of working is how I did in
lib/filedialog.ui/h/cpp. The methods are described in the Qt Designer
Manual, Using a Component in Your Application section.

> > > And another question what shall I do? Yesterday I removed
> > > warnings, shall I continue with this?
> >
> > You can do that as well, but maybe it would make more sense to
> > start porting what is in plugins/*tree directories, I will do the
> > project, createproject, tagdialogs and usertoolbars. Right now I
> > work on the project dir.
>
> I like to remove warnings for the moment because it gives me an idea
> of what has changed in QT4/KDE4. Maybe tomorrow I can start to do
> other folders.

As you wish. :-) I learned from making it compile as well. I stopped now
at usertoolbars as I reached a strange error. I will probably port the
preview plugin as well, and after that only the *tree plugins remain.

Andras