List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] file modification checking gone in Quanta 3.5.2?
From:       "Brian G. Peterson" <brian () braverock ! com>
Date:       2006-04-22 11:47:55

On Saturday 22 April 2006 04:41, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 00:19, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> > The Kate editor has an option under
> >
> > Application->General to
> > "Warn about files modified by foreign proceses"
> >
> > This option used to show up in Quanta under "Configure Editor"
> >
> > This option no longer appears to show up in Quanta, and Quanta no
> > longer appears to detect changes (like from Cervisia)
> >
> > Am I missing something?  Or is this a bug in Quanta 3.5.2?
>
> Quanta never used the Kate implementation (and as far as I know this is
> Kate specific, not included in the katepart). But Quanta has it's own
> detection mechanism, which used to warn even if it's not needed. ;-)
> Can you report in which exact case it doesn't report changes, altough
> the file was changed externally?

In Quanta 3.5.2 (from Gentoo package kde-base/kdewebdev-3.5.2)

No external change to the file has been detected since I upgraded from
kdewebdev 3.5.1, to the best of my ability to determine.  I have recompiled
kdewebdev 3.5.2, and the problem persists.

I can change a local file either from another text editor, from a shell, or by
committing it to version control using the Cervisia embedded in Quanta, and
file change detection and reload does not happen.

Is there anything specific I should check?  Or any other information that
would help track this down?

Regards,

   - Brian