List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KDOM & KHTML
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-05 16:42:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 05 March 2006 18:33, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Sunday 05 March 2006 16:27, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> >  Please take a little time and read the following thread
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=114099614807147&w=2
> >
> > Am I the only one understanding that this compromises our plans by
> > having only one (KDOM) tree for source and VPL modes?
>
> I can't see why, if the DOM related headers are public.
> It's not relevant if they go for monolithic/modular design, if I'm
> not missing something.

Well, I'm currently confused, but cannot really do anything about it.
The idea was that we parse the document, build a KDOM tree and KHTML can
render that tree directly, and there will be methods in KHTML to
manipulate the KDOM tree. So yes, if all the methods are public, this
will work in a monolithic design as well, but there was an argument
that this is good as the impl* classes don't have to be binary
compatible. I'm afraid this might mean that it will be harder to extend
if there is a need to.

Andras