List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] kdom and khtml2 ported already
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2005-12-22 12:59:53

On Thursday 22 December 2005 12:25, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi Frans,
>
> thanks for the reply.
>
> > Some parts are fully ported, other's not. But work is proceeding(got a
> > porting patch locally right now, actually). Does the Qt 3 dependency
> > cause any trouble for you?
>
> Well, actually the opposite is true. We are discussion about an
> intermediate release of Quanta (the new version with KDevelop framework)
> and we wanted to create a new parser and use kdom for it. But this is not
> possible if it depends on QT4.

Yes, it also have dependency on kdelibs4_snapshot.

> So we have to reconsider our plans.

> > Regarding, khtml2 in kdenonbeta, I /think/ it is broken to the point it
> > is unusable.
>
> Oh, good to know.

I'm not a khtml2 developer myself, but I heard that kdelibs/khtml and
kdenonbeta/khtml2 have drifted such far apart that it would perhaps be better
to start from scratch..

(I don't think one should be so dramatic when approaching khtml2, but do it
incrementally: 1) Qt4 port kdelibs/khtml; 2) Move kdom to kdelibs; 3) adapt
kdelibs/khtml to use kdom; 4) do further changes to khtml, make it "khtml2".)

Cheers,

		Frans