List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] kdevquanta
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-13 14:58:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 13 November 2005 15:53, thorsten@staerk.de wrote:
> I checked out kdevquanta this weekend - very good approach, only a
> wysiwyg editor is missing. I would like to help writing one -
> however, it is unrealistic I can do this quickly enough on my own.
> Are there plans ?

Yes. The VPL part was not ported by purpose as the plans are more
complex regarding this area. The plans are is to modify the current
parser that instead of its own node tree it will build a KDOM based
node tree. There is ongoing work for KHTML to be ported to KDOM as
well. This will make possible to share the node tree between Quanta and
KHTML. Right now there are two completely independent trees that are
needed to be synchronized often in both ways. I'm not that familiar
with the VPL code, but as the developers said, this is the main reason
why it is unstable, slow and hard to develop. Everybody is waiting for
the KDOM tree in Quanta. ;-) The problem is that nobody, except me
wants to touch the parser, and even I approach with much care as it can
break lots of things. So we started to port those parts that are not
related to VPL and a new parser (basicly everything else).
 But we sooner than later we must port VPL as well.

Andras