List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta Development - Tips and Others
From:       thorsten () staerk ! de
Date:       2005-11-09 21:48:47

> Do you have some tips to make developing/hacking in Quanta faster?
>
> Furthermore, do you have a link or copy of the recommended files/programs
> needed in developing Quanta?
>
> Fortunately, I already successfully compiled Quanta from the SVN
> repository,
> but still, I would like to here some from you about tips, recommendations,
> and others so that developing Quanta will be more efficient.

If I understand you correctly, you want some kind of story "How I get into
quanta development". Alright, here it is:
- use kdevelop to edit your code. It is quite simple: Import the folder
quanta as existing project, then set as project option to "run" the
command "quanta"
- edit the kdevelop source so it shows a debugging line "entering function
foo" when entering that function. Watch and learn which functions are
triggered when you start quanta/when you click here/when you type
there/whatever. To modify the source automatically that it displays the
debugging messages, use my script "ttt.pl" from www.staerk.de/ttt.pl

Thorsten