List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] open .js file in quanta
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-29 9:06:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 28 August 2005 23:52, Yan Morin wrote:
>  From what I'm understanding of this code:
> kdewebdev/quanta/utility/quantacommon.cpp:303
>
> Quanta could open .js files without 'binary warning' if the files
> kdelibs/mimetypes/application/x-javascript.desktop would contains
> this property
>
> [Property::X-KDE-text]
> Type=bool
> Value=true

This should be present in a mimetype description file to NOT get the
warning. Otherwise it is not possible to find if a file is binary or
not.

> or that someones creates a
> kdelibs/mimetypes/text/x-javascript.desktop files.
Yes, this is also a solution.

> Note: on my system, .js extension is only associated with
> application/x-javascript.
Indeed, it does not have the text property. I will add it (for KDE 3.5).

> Other thing, is there a reason why quanta don't have a filter for
> text/css or application/x-javascript files by default in
> kdewebdev/quanta/src/quanta.cpp:351 ?
No. :-) But it should be done in some other way, not hardcoding the
list. For example gather the information from the installed DTEPs.

BTW, I see you could post now here. If you really want to help us, I
suggest to check out the branches/work/kdevquanta code. This is what
will become the next Quanta version. It relies on KDevelop libraries
and currently requires a QUanta installation as well. See the README
from there.
 Of course, you can still help with the current Quanta as this is what
will become 3.5, but we are already in feature freeze, meaning that
only bugfixes are possible.
 In any case, just ask like now. :-)

Andras