List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] event actions
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-08-23 3:09:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Andras,

> > Something about event actions: I wanted to send an email to my
> > teamleader when my documents get closed but I get a messagebox that
> > Quanta wants to send an email when I _open_ a document.
>
> How did you do it? It works here.

Just create an event action on document close to send an email to the
teamleader, thats all.

> > I assume it
> > is because the untitled document gets closed first.
>
> That's not a problem as the event is emitted only for project files and
> the untitled document is not part of the project.

Maybe but the message appears here ;-)
I can not find any code that checks if a file is part of a project or not :-(

> > Actually it does not try to send the mail when I agree because I do
> > not have KMail and sending is not possible at all. I know this
> > because when I close a real document I get another error message that
> > KMail is not present. Unfortunately Quanta does not remember that
> > KMail is not there and asks again and again.
>
> I have KMail and I don't really want to set up a KMail-less setup here.
> Can you improve the check for KMail and provide a "don't show again"
> box? Don't forget to reset this flag when the user chooses "Show all
> warning messages" in Configure Quanta->User Interface.

When do you think the check should be performed. On Quanta start or when
Quanta wants to send a mail?

Jens