List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] cpu spike after closing of project properties
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-08-23 2:56:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Andras,

> > the reason is that you scan all files of the project for annotations
> > after you save the project settings. Is this necessary?
>
> No. Should be done only on loading (first time).

Will you look into this?

> > Some more questions to this:
> >
> > You read the files line by line but limit the line length to 2000,
> > why? AFAIK does the next read continue where the previous stopped. In
> > case you have a line longer than 2000 character you would mix up your
> > line counting.
>
> I don't think it will continue with the same line. And you must specify
> an end. For me 10000 is fine as well. ;-)

Reading the docs again I am still sure that this function does not skip any
bytes. I also read:
	Note that the string is read as plain Latin1 bytes, not Unicode.

This is pretty bad. I tried to write a Khmer annotation and it is like I
feared. When you scan this file the annotation is not readable anymore :-(
But when in the current open file it is fine.

> > What is the meaning of the syntax with the round brackets? If I write
> > something like "@annotation(" I get nothing behind the opening
> > bracket. Is this wanted? And do you really need the ':' behind the
> > closing bracket?
>
> This is what I'm working on. Somethine like:
> <!-- @annotation(from:jens,to:andras)
>   some annotation
> -->

I see. So you do not need the ':', right?
Is 'from:' important? If someone wants to write his/her name it can be written
in the annotation text. If not you could just write the recipient in brackets
and simplify the syntax.

Jens