List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] DTD packages
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-22 17:16:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 22 August 2005 16:46, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get a message:
>
> 	Autoload the xhtml-mobile10 DTD in the feature?
>
> Is this a typo? Should it be future?

Yes, typo.

> The menu DTD|Edit DTD Settings does show a dialog with "Send DTD" as
> caption, should this get changed?

Good catch. ;-)

> There is new menu entry "Load & DTD Entities". The name is not OK for
> me, it is absolute unclear what it does. Maybe "Load DTD & Add
> Entities" is better? The previous one could become "Load DTD & Create
> Package"

No, it loads only the entities from a DTD. It is used to update the
entities but not change the other tag files. Very useful when writing
KDE docbooks (handbooks) as they change the entities often. Right now
you have to workaround that:
- load the dtd and convert to some dtep
- get the entities.tag from the dtep and overwrite the entities.tag from
the KDE docbook DTEP
- restart Quanta

All this is done by Quanta (but of course in a simpler way).
But of course (as also Carlos noted) it should be: Load DTD Entities...

> When I start to think about the menu I feel also uncomfortable with
> all the (DTEP) there. Can we just drop them? I think nobody can
> understand what DTD and DTEP in on menu entry means exactly.
>
> Maybe it is worse to think about dropping DTEP at all and use DTD
> Package instead? For Quanta 4.0 of course ;-)

I would do in another way. DTEP can be a PHP description and it is
certainly not a DTD.

> BTW can I directly open a DTP package I got via mail or do I have to
> unpack it myself?

I don't know. :-0

Andras