List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug watch support
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-08-11 18:44:47

Hi!

On Thursday 11 August 2005 18.52, Aaron van Meerten wrote:
> I tried this with both conditional breakpoints (yup, doesn't work ;),

Well, conditional breakpoints are not my fault, I'm not about to patch up
XDebug to support that ;)

> and with line breakpoints.  With some testing, I have gotten it to stop
> at some breakpoints, but not all of them.  One question I have here is

Ok, this is a bit strange. Can you see any pattern in which ones work and
which ones doesent? Is it realted to certain files, certain places in the
files, etc?

> which button will continue execution until the next breakpoint?  The Run
> button seems to run all the way through to the end of the script without
> stopping.

Well, Run is supposed to halt on breakpoints. XDebug cant be halted manually
by user input (ie by hitting pause while running) but it should halt on
breakpoints and errors (I still have to fine tune the error handling abit)

But you say you got it to halt sometimes, wasnt that while runnin?

> By locally I mean I've only tested this locally.  I'm sure if I open my
> firewall or port-forward 9000 I'll be able to get this working remotely
> as well.

Well, remote would be a bit different, due to file loading and path mapping,
thats why i asked.

thanks for testing!

/Linus