List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug watch support
From:       Linus McCabe <linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-08-10 5:18:39

Hi!

gurusys wrote:

>Hi Linus,
>
>I've been using the DGBp plugin and it works great. Debugging, watches, and
>backtraces all work fine for me!

Nice to hear :)

>Profiling works as well although only after I changed both my php.ini and the
>project properties to use the PID name. Using crc32 in php.ini and %c in the
>project properties doesn't seem to work and fails with a can't open
>error: /tmp/cachegrind.out.FILE:///full/path. Ideally profiling could be
>turned on or off from quanta.

The crc32 calculator isnt implemented yet. Instead, I'm waiting to see
if Derick, author of XDebug, accepts a patch of mine that makes it
possible to retrieve the correct filename through the protocol. Then the
setting for profiler filename wouldnt be required anymore.

>Minor bug when a breakpoint is set and the code is edited such that the line
>with the breakpoint moves up a line number. The breakpoint flag moves
>appropriately but the actual breakpoint as listed in the breakpoint window
>does not change.

Ill have a look at that. It's supposed to update automatically. Does it
break on the right line anyway, or the 'unmoved' line?

>Wishlist:
> - remember breakpoints and watches per project.
> - if a watched array is expanded, keep it expanded through the debugging run.

These ones are on the TODO since before, but I havent had them
prioritized cause noone but myself has requested them till now ;)

> - ability to change the order that watched variables are displayed and to be
>able to add separators to the watch list

This was a good idea, Ill have a look at it

Thanks for your report!

/Linus