List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Which SVN?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-23 23:04:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 23 July 2005 22:40, Bill Chmura wrote:
> I am changing over from CVS Quanta to the SVN... I've got it worked
> out and am rewritting the FAQ for SVN (versus CVS).  But I am bit
> confused and just wanted to make sure this was correct...
>
> In SVN:
>
> kde/trunk/KDE/kdewebdev is the source for the very latest code

One could call this like that. :-) [*]

> /kde/branches/KDE/3.4/kdewebdev  would be the last stable release

Yes.

> Yes?

[*] Things will change soon, partly because of us, Quanta developers,
partly because of KDE:

- trunk will become the development branch for KDE 4.0
- KDE 3.5 development will move to /kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdewebdev
- we also work on a version that will be Quanta4, but it does not (yet)
require KDE/Qt 4. So one could call this the very latest code, altough
in trunk Linus is doing exciting development as well. This Quanta4 code
is still in early phase, altough the progress during last weeks was
very good. Soon I will put everything we have locally to the svn server
for the braves who would like to test.

Andras