List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KDevQuanta status update
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-07-12 18:32:19

On Monday 04 July 2005 22:19, Andras Mantia wrote:
> I see more and more places regarding VPL and the undo/redo stuff, which
> are in a place I/we don't like it. Paulo, do you have time to discuss
> what will happen with VPL? Right now all those areas are commented out
> and marked with "FIXME" comments.

Regarding VPL decisions I have now the feeling that it should be better to use
our own parser. I think it should not be difficult at all to conciliate with
KDOM. We just have to make calls to DocumentBuilder (KDOMDocumentBuilder.h)
with the needed information like the tag name, namespace and stuff like that.
Then it is a question of using KDOM's interface instead of our own.
I don't know if this change is easy to do without knowing the parser code,
i.e., if the creation of nodes is clearly separated of other stuff.

Paulo