List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] non debugger specific debugger settings
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-10 20:30:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 10 July 2005 20:11, Linus McCabe wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Now that I've started working on the xdebug plugin (or DBGp as I
> chose to call it, since this is an open protocol), I've come to
> realize a few options are non debugger specific.
>
> Those I'd rather not duplicate in each and every plugin settings, of
> course, so I thought Id add some of these settings in a debugger
> section in the general quanta settings:
>
> For example:
> * Save breakpoints in project
> * Save watched variables in project
> * Clear message window on new sessions
>
> (Neither of these features are implemented yet, btw)
>
> On the other hand, perhaps these options should be per project - but
> is there a good way to integrate som general settings like these with
> debugger specific settings without duplicating the ui and code for
> each debugger plugin?

Why wouldn't it possible? Create some config dialog/widget for the
project (but do it somewhere under the debugger suport dir) and save
the config settings in the project session file. In this page you could
offer a button to configure the per debugger specific settings.
So I don't get where is the problem?

Andras