List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] non debugger specific debugger settings
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-07-10 17:11:02

Hello!

Now that I've started working on the xdebug plugin (or DBGp as I chose to call
it, since this is an open protocol), I've come to realize a few options are
non debugger specific.

Those I'd rather not duplicate in each and every plugin settings, of course,
so I thought Id add some of these settings in a debugger section in the
general quanta settings:

For example:
* Save breakpoints in project
* Save watched variables in project
* Clear message window on new sessions

(Neither of these features are implemented yet, btw)

On the other hand, perhaps these options should be per project - but is there
a good way to integrate som general settings like these with debugger
specific settings without duplicating the ui and code for each debugger
plugin?

/Linus