List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Using KDOM in Quanta
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-08 13:13:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 04:13, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 June 2005 01:53, Jens Herden wrote:

> > > But why, do we need that behavior for source mode?
> >
> > Structure tree.
>
> I don't know if it would be bad. It would give a stronger indication
> to the user to what he should fix. We should also ask ourselves what
> use is given for the structure tree.
> BTW, do you think it's importante for the node tree to show non XML
> nodes? I can't see no use for that.

And what will happen if the user types something which is not yet
complete? for example <a href="

If the parsing occurres this time (because the user drink from his tea)
the whole node tree will become useless. Quanta *must* handle cases
like editing a valid XML tag after an invalid one. Just because the
user decided that he will continue later on the first part, should not
deny him to edit other parts of the document.

Andras

PS: IRC is not an option for me unless we discuss it before and set a
time which is daylight here.

PS2: I haven't read all mails, so I may repeated here something that was
already told.