List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Using KDOM in Quanta
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-08 10:32:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 06 June 2005 19:14, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> Now the questions:
> - Couldn't we separate the parsing of special areas from HTML/XML?
> This way we would just search the document for special areas and save
> the functions, structures, etc info.

What do you mean by separating? It's already separated code wise
(different class) and parsing wise (it's done after XML parsing).
But partially there is a need to parse special areas when parsing XML,
as you have to find the end of the special area in order to continue
with XML parsing.

> - Do the special area info needs to be associated with a tree/nodes?

In order to get for example support for local/global variablesyes. Same
for identifying structure groups or comments. So I'd say the answer in
general is yes, unless somebody comes with a completely new idea.

Andras