List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Project views in kdevquanta
From:       "Alexander Dymo" <adymo () mksat ! net>
Date:       2005-05-25 13:50:02

>> I am aware about the reasons for this and I support this rule but you
>> also have to think what you would create if you follow this rule
>> strictly. And I think it is OK if a plugin does not create it actions
>> in the menu. Maybe we have to move this discussion to the KDevelop
>> list again?
> Even if we do not create, we must be sure that it is possible to access
> them with the keyboard. But we can ask on the KDevelop list as well,
> not talking about kde-usability.
Currently in KDevelop we have too many stuff which is not accessible from
the menu and it is only from the toolviews. I'm not sure either whether
that is good enough. Probably we can ask KDevelop usability expert
Tina Trillitzsch <t.trillitzsch@gmx.de> about that. But we need to explain
the situation in details because otherwise I can predict the answer ;)

>> Yes, in fact I changed my mind because I think it is better to make
>> the general interface (menus and toolbars) easy to comprehend and put
>> the advanced features in the toolview. Even if you have to open the
>> toolview first you save a lot of mouse clicks.
>> But I was also thinking about a configuration option that would allow
>> the user to decide where to see the toolbar. Now that we know how to
>> do this it should not be so hard.
It's safe to hide the toolbar by default IMHO.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine