List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Project views in kdevquanta
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-25 5:56:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 03:53, Jens Herden wrote:
> It seems that here was/is the misunderstanding. I do not want to
> create a new toolview but integrate Project Views in the file list
> toolview.
That's fine for me.

> I am aware about the reasons for this and I support this rule but you
> also have to think what you would create if you follow this rule
> strictly. And I think it is OK if a plugin does not create it actions
> in the menu. Maybe we have to move this discussion to the KDevelop
> list again?

Even if we do not create, we must be sure that it is possible to access
them with the keyboard. But we can ask on the KDevelop list as well,
not talking about kde-usability.

> Yes, in fact I changed my mind because I think it is better to make
> the general interface (menus and toolbars) easy to comprehend and put
> the advanced features in the toolview. Even if you have to open the
> toolview first you save a lot of mouse clicks.
> But I was also thinking about a configuration option that would allow
> the user to decide where to see the toolbar. Now that we know how to
> do this it should not be so hard.

Ok.

> Sure I did not mention this but it was in my mind that we need to do
> something for this. I was thinking about a signal that a project view
> was loaded. But this depends on the experience you make with inter
> plugin communication.

Well, as I will go to Brasil in 2 days and will return only a few days
before you come here, I'm not sure I will have much more experience
than you do right now. :-)

> I disagree here. This is over engineered for may taste. If I start
> showing the content of the views the people will ask for means to add
> or remove files from the views and other things.

Right.

> What I like in the current implementation is that it is strait
> foreward and has not much of an GUI.

And how would you imagine then?

Andras