List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] StrucTreeView
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-05-19 18:21:47

On Thursday 19 May 2005 18:26, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Don't know. I just want to share some information about the future: we
> will going to change Quanta in a way that it will be a KDevelop plugin.
> The idea is that we will have a "language support" plugin, which is the
> main Quanta with parser and other things. Some plugins will be specific
> for this language (Quanta plugins), some will be general one (either
> valid always for the whole KDevelop, or valid in any project/language).
> This requires careful planning, and we have already quite some mess in
> some areas.

That's great. It will be an oportunity to refactor some of the code that does
more than one thing and is a mess like you said.

> I'm working on making the user actions/toolbar a global
> KDevelop plugin and it seems that I have to "get rid" of many
> functionality that is in TagAction right now, including the VPL stuff.

VPL is a mess currently. I would happily change things but I think it's not
worth it before kdom, if happens. Rigth now it's not easy.

> So why I'm writing this to you? ;-) Because you've made recently changes
> to the structure view which will also become a plugin, thus separated
> from the rest of the code. So anything which isn't self contained into
> the structure tree shouldn't be introduced there.

What I add was a couple of drag and drop methods and some others to copy and
move the items, which arent't VPL specific but node tree specific. Oh, and
there one or two if conditions to check if we are in VPL, but it will be
dificult to get rid of those in all kinds of places without AOP.

> I admit I didn't
> review your recent commit, but I'm sure I'd do if you'd post to list
> before committing.
>  So please, whenever you (or others) commit to stuff that is outside of
> your area (like VPL in your case), please post a patch on the list for
> review, so maybe we can come up some improvements, new ideas.
>
> Andras
>
> PS: I know, I also haven't posted the abbreviation code prior to
> committing, but hey, that Main Developer or what on the project page
> means something. ;-)

Sure, I'm used to only commit VPL stuff and I forgot... I have the most
pleasure in having you reviewing my patches ;)

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org
KDE Web Development - http://kdewebdev.org