List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] StrucTreeView
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-19 17:26:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 May 2005 19:21, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to make a config dialog to customize the tag appearence
> in the structure tree view. I'm thinking at the following options:
>
> 1. Use a icon. The tag can have a default and let user choose any
> icon. 2. Use text. The user should choose between the text in the tag
> or custom text.
> 3. Both 1 and 2.
>
> I would like to ask if you know any application that has this kind of
> choices so it can be more or less standard.

Don't know. I just want to share some information about the future: we
will going to change Quanta in a way that it will be a KDevelop plugin.
The idea is that we will have a "language support" plugin, which is the
main Quanta with parser and other things. Some plugins will be specific
for this language (Quanta plugins), some will be general one (either
valid always for the whole KDevelop, or valid in any project/language).
This requires careful planning, and we have already quite some mess in
some areas. I'm working on making the user actions/toolbar a global
KDevelop plugin and it seems that I have to "get rid" of many
functionality that is in TagAction right now, including the VPL stuff.
So why I'm writing this to you? ;-) Because you've made recently changes
to the structure view which will also become a plugin, thus separated
from the rest of the code. So anything which isn't self contained into
the structure tree shouldn't be introduced there. I admit I didn't
review your recent commit, but I'm sure I'd do if you'd post to list
before committing.
 So please, whenever you (or others) commit to stuff that is outside of
your area (like VPL in your case), please post a patch on the list for
review, so maybe we can come up some improvements, new ideas.

Andras

PS: I know, I also haven't posted the abbreviation code prior to
committing, but hey, that Main Developer or what on the project page
means something. ;-)