List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Wrong files opened with multiple Quanta instances
From:       James Mohr <jimmo () jimmo ! com>
Date:       2005-04-25 1:00:00

Hi All!

I am working on one site and have Quanta 3.4 open with the respective project
(Sports Club). I decide that I want to work on a different project, so I open
a new instance of Quanta without closing the first one. As in previous
releases, the new instance opens up my last open project which is the one
that is still open in the first instance (Sports Club). This also opens up
the files that were open when I shut it down last.

I then select Project -> Open Recent Project and select a different project
(Tutorial). In the project window I see the directories and files of the new
project (Tutorial). However, the files that are open in the browser are still
the ones from the previous instance (Sports Club)!

I now close down *both* instances. I then repeat the process, open up Sports
Club and then Tutorial. This time when opening up Tutorial I get a message
that says the project is already in use. Well, it can't be because I am the
only one on the system. So I click OK to continue.

Now I have the two instance open. I close Sports Club with the X in the upper
right corner and then close Tutorial the same way. I restart Quanta an the
project that is loaded is Tutorial. However, the files that are open are from
Sports Club. I also tried closing the project with File -> Quit, but when I
reopen the project it still loads the files from the wrong project. It seems
like it opens up the last open files regardless of whether they belong to the
current project or not.

As a side note, I wanted to say how happy I am with the speed at which the
project files are being loaded. The Tutorial project has a couple thousand
files and it would take forever to load. In this version, it is blindingly
fast. Thanks!

Regards,

jimmo