List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] feature request
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2005-04-24 16:51:36

On Sunday 24 April 2005 08:52 am, MarC wrote:
> hi,
> I wanted to ask whether there will be a "feature request" option at the
> new home page of Quanta.

Yes there will be, but it will be database based so you can see what is
already requested and requests that are in work will be indexed to project
information.

> BTW, my feature request would be:
>
> <<Allowing to insert text from a Word Document (doc or swx), converted
> to HTML with predefined tags.>>
>
> Explanation:
> I really lose a lot of time as a web developper to transform the
> writings from "the external people" which are commonly written with M$
> Word.
> I must copy each paragraph of the text put it between <p
> all the cursives, etc...
> I wonder if there's already a tool which could be integrated into Quanta
> Plus...
> The "Export to HTML" option form M$Word or Openoffice is not
> professional at all as you don't have control of the used HTML tags...
> On the other hand, I have observed that when you copy-paste text from
> Openoffice to other programs, they successfully detect the paragraphs,
> bolds, etc. Quanta could do it?

We just don't use these types of content generation much but there is no
reason to duplicate them. There are several programs and scripts that already
do this and they can easily be integrated as action or integrated with
Kommander to make it easy to bring this to Quanta. There is also a KDE
program on kde-apps.org that selectively removes elements of HTML. I would be
a lot more interested in making sure these things integrate than duplicating
them.

> Congratulations for your program. It gets better and better and
> better.... I really can't donate now, I'm a student without any real
> income but I'm planing to do so in the future.
>
> MarC

Thank you. Any support would be great so tell your friends. We're behind of
funding this year.

Eric