List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] VPL and non-standard tags
From:       James Mohr <jimmo () jimmo ! com>
Date:       2005-04-24 4:22:13

Hi All!

On my Linux tutorial (link below) I use several self-made tags which are
parsed by PHP before the page is actually displayed. In VPL or VPL/Source
mode in Quanta 3.4, the text within these tags is not visible. If I remove
the start tag, the text appears.

For example, I have a tag that points to another page using it's pageID. The
PHP code parses this tag and creates the necessary link. The HTML looks like
this:

In VPL Mode, the text is missing.  If I remove the <tutorial id=1> tag, the
text appears correctly. Also, preview mode works correctly even if the tag is
there.  This happens anywhere I use special tags, with or within attribute
and whether or not they are included with other tags.

Regards,

Jim Mohr