List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] found this on kde-devel
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-17 3:29:08

Hi,

I just read this:

On Saturday 16 April 2005 23:50, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have put KDE-Docs.org online.
> The idea is to connect our strong user community with the KHotNewStuff
> Framework and our applications.
>
> It is a place where KDE user can exchange documents and
> document-templates, discuss, vote, colaborate and more. The plan is to
> transform users into contributors.
>
> We have KHotNewStuff feeds for:
>
> --[...]
>
> Quanta: DTEP: http://download.kde.org/khotnewstuff/quantadtep-providers.xml
>
> Quanta Scripts:
> http://download.kde.org/khotnewstuff/quantascript-providers.xml
>
> Quanta Toolbars:
> http://download.kde.org/khotnewstuff/quantatoolbar-providers.xml
>[...]
>
> I can easily add more categories if something is missing.
>
> What do you think?
>

> Cheers
> Frank

and I wonder what this could mean for Quanta. I am not aware about the current
situation. Does the khotnewstuff part work in Quanta yet? I know the code is
working but I mean is it operational on the server side?

I remember that we wanted to put the stuff at kdewebdev.org, are we going to
change this in favor for a KDE wide solution? If yes, what about the security
measurements we wanted to take, like signing and approval?

My opinion is that a working solution for khotnewstuff is overdue but I am not
in favor for two different download locations especially because I don't know
a way to set the server from the GUI in Quanta.

Jens