List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] kdewebdev/quanta
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2005-04-03 14:56:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 1. April 2005 18:52 schrieb Paulo Moura Guedes:
> On Friday 01 April 2005 17:50, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 1. April 2005 01:56 schrieb Paulo Moura Guedes:
> > >  if one presses the bold action in the middle of a word, the action
> > > should applied in that word
> >
> > You know that this is not the behaviour one expects from a rich text
> > editor?
>
> No I don't :)
> I checked OpenOffice and others and I found this behavior. Can you
> elaborate?

What?? Then there's probably a misunderstanding.

What I've read from your elaboration is this:

Given this text (where | denotes the caret)

word word wo|rd word

and the whole text is plain. Clicking the 'B' button for bold will now do
what?

(1) Change the whole third "word" to bold (as I understood from your post)?
(2) Switch on the bold font style, leave everything as is, but make *newly
inserted* characters bold (this is the behaviour people know from word et
al.)?

I don't have an OpenOffice installation around currently, but afaik it does
(2).

mfg
	Leo