List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KTextEditor interface, 4.x
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2005-03-08 17:24:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 09:11, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Well, this sounds good. I would like to have an interface to query
> configuration items, like (static) word-wrap position, tab size,
> indentation size and such, so I don't have to do in a Kate specific way
> from the config file.
>  Also we use one Kate specific signal as it's not in any KTextEditor
> interface, namely the gotFocus() signal when the editor widget (the
> view) gets the focus.
hmm, isn't tabwidth and static word wrap width already in the editor
interfaces ? editinterface + wordwrapinterace? but k, sounds reasonable to
have some more generic api to query stuff config values, perhaps some simple,
kconfig like "you give me string, I give you value" api, for just the bool and
int stuff? and some methodes to get common stuff like fonts e.g.

>  This is what comes to my mind now, but as soon as I remember anything
> else, I will post.
perfect, btw., me on quanta-devel now too ;)

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team