List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] VPL toolbars
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-03-08 15:58:23

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 15:42, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 17:10, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
[...]
> You could create the toolbars and simply load the VPL toolbars when
> needed. This does not require much coding, but using the
> slotLoadToolbarFile() and some guiFactory()->addClient and
> guiFactory()->removeClient, for example see the slotLoadToolbarForDTD()
>
> But I don't like the idea, especially if in the long term you want VPL
> to be not HTML specific. It's better to fix VPL in that way that it
> works with all kind of actions that can be on a toolbar. So my question
> is: what does not work with VPL and why do you need different toolbars?

If some buttons are common to both views some are not. This is the case of new
line, paragraph, non breaking space, etc. I think it's consensual that we
can't have exactly the same stuff on both views.
Besides that, I want to implement a different behavior on some buttons. For
example I want the bold toolbar button to behave like a word editor, i.e., to
be toggled on when inside a <strong> tag and to exit that tag when you toggle
it off. The same applies to some other buttons.

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org
KDE Web Development - http://kdewebdev.org