List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] .webprj changes
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-01 11:29:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

  An important change was committed right now to the CVS HEAD. From now
on the .webprj file does not contain user specific settings, like
upload profiles, preview prefix, treeview status and debugger settings.
The reason is that when working in a team, you may want to share the
main webprj file, but not the above listed ones, from which some are
clearly specific for a single user (eg. the username in the upload
profiles), others would cause unneeded conflicts in the webprj file
(the treeview statuses) and so.
 So from now on there will be a .webprj file with the list of files
belonging to the project and some other common settings and a .session
file with the rest.
  If Quanta does not find a .session file, it will read the information
the old way from the .webprj file and create the .session file from
there. So the transition should be transparent for users who use the
CVS HEAD.
 The problem appears if somebody from a team is using CVS HEAD others
are using 3.4 or older. Right now the user specific informations are
NOT removed from the .webprj file, so users of 3.4 will not loose
anything, but if a CVS HEAD user makes a modification which affects an
user setting, it will not be written back to .webprj, so 3.4 users will
not notice it.
 I'm wondering if I should keep this behavior or once the new behavior
is tested and it works correctly to remove the user settings
from .webprj once a .session file was created for it. I'm wondering
before if I don't clean the .webprj file it will contain after some
time information that nobody uses, but if I clean, 3.4 users will loose
their setting. Any opinion?

Andras